Guidelines for Use of Yahoo! Brand Features (View the PDF)
- General. All Yahoo! trademarks, logos, service marks, trade dress, slogans, copyrighted designs or other brand features (collectively "Brand Features") will be used only as explicitly licensed by Yahoo!, and only under the terms and conditions and for the purposes described in such License. The other party to the License granted by Yahoo! is referred to as the "Licensee". To the extent they may differ with the general terms below, the specific terms of the License govern all use of the Brand Features by the Licensee.
- Approval. All specific uses of any Yahoo! Brand Features must be approved in advance by Yahoo! Brand Marketing. You may request approval by completing the Request for Approval Form attached as an Exhibit to the License and/or which may be found on our Permission Request page, and emailing it to Permissions Agent at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must also include complete samples of each proposed use. Yahoo!'s brand marketing department will typically review the request and respond within ten (10) business days, but is under no obligation to respond. You may not use Brand Features unless and until Yahoo! has granted its specific approval and any and all conditions of such approval have been fulfilled by the Licensee.
- Appearance of Logos. The Licensee will ensure that the presentation of the Yahoo! Brand Features will be consistent with Yahoo!'s own use of the Yahoo! Brand Features in comparable media. From time to time during the term of the License, Yahoo! may provide to Licensee written guidelines as to the size, typeface, colors, and other graphic characteristics of the Yahoo! Brand Features, which upon delivery to the Licensee shall be deemed to be incorporated into the License and into these Guidelines.
- Notices. All trademarks and service marks included in the Yahoo! Brand Features will be designated with "SM", "TM" or "®", in the manner directed by Yahoo!.
- Restrictions upon Use. The Yahoo! Brand Features will not be presented or used: a) in a manner that suggests that editorial content has been authored by, or represents the views or opinions of, Yahoo! or any Yahoo! personnel or affiliate; b) in a manner that is misleading, defamatory, libelous, obscene, infringing or otherwise objectionable; c) in connection with any material that infringes the trademark, copyright or any other rights of any third party; d) as part of a name of a product or service of a company other than Yahoo!; or e) in a manner that infringes, derogates, dilutes, or impairs the rights of Yahoo! in the Brand Features. Yahoo! shall have complete discretion to evaluate Licensee's use and to decide whether that use violates any of the foregoing restrictions.
- Use for Yahoo!'s Benefit. Any use of the Yahoo! Brand Features shall inure to the benefit of Yahoo! By using the Brand Features pursuant to Yahoo!'s approval, Licensee acknowledges Yahoo!'s ownership of all Brand Features and warrants that it will not take any action which is inconsistent with Yahoo!'s ownership.
- Nonexclusive Remedy. The Licensee will make any changes to its use of the Yahoo! Brand Features as are requested by Yahoo! This remedy is in addition to any other legal remedies to which Yahoo! may be entitled in relation to Licensee's use of Yahoo! Brand Features.